Director, Account Services Outdoor Investment
The Director will be responsible for managing client portfolio, account business management, overall financial tracking as well as team leadership and oversight.
Ideal candidates are proactive strategic thinkers, detail-oriented and creative minds! Excellent communications skills (both written and oral) are a must.
Position reports to Group/Managing Director
Duties & Responsibilities
- Handle the agency’s relations with client contacts on each assigned accounts and ensure their satisfaction with the agency.
- Day-to-day responsibility for operating unit (e.g. proposition, culture, values, strategy, business development, revenue generation, and Kinetic operating group integration)
- Ensure team is adhering to buying and planning process, policies and procedures for assigned accounts
- Support strategic business plans as assigned to achieve: 3rd party business growth, Delivery on all commercial deals, and Organic revenue growth
- Implement rules/guidelines for services and costs
- Monitor and ensure proper internal rates are being utilized to ensure leverage and efficiencies
- Manage team regarding all facets of day-to-day buying process, policies and procedures.
- Resolve vendor discrepancies as needed
- Approve final rate negotiations
- Conduct in-depth negotiations and manage/participate as necessary in rate negotiation process for direct reports
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of media environment, industry/OOH trends, consumer trends, and competitive landscape
- Develop and maintain effective day-to-day relationships with assigned agencies, clients, Kinetic and Kinetic SBUs.
- Contribute to forecasts used by senior management to develop business plans for the office and agency
- With GD/MD build business on assigned accounts, as well as identifying and pursuing new business development opportunities
- Manage budgets, forecasts, and actuals for P&L
- Engage Kinetic and SBUs to ensure growth/profitability within these sectors
- Ensure team is fully compliant with SOX, WPP and company policies and procedures
- Ensure accurate and timely timekeeping is performed by team
- Responsible for hiring, firing, development, coaching and performance of employees within the Account Services department, under the direction of Senior Management and HR. Responsible managing and monitoring standards set by higher Executives.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration or communication
- 7 to 9 years’ experience with an advertising organization
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, maturity, credibility, confidence and integrity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Collaborative, with strong focus on teamwork.
Kinetic is the world’s leading planner and digital innovator in Out-of-Home (OOH) advertising. We combine deep market knowledge with Journeys, our proprietary audience-based planning platform, to seamlessly connect static and digital out of home planning and buying to digital, mobile, video, CTV, audio and other channels. We persistently pioneer new ways to make OOH interactive, social, and measurable. A global agency network within WPP and a GroupM affiliate, you can find more information on our website or follow us @KineticUSA.
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.